The Miss Program
Miss America is a not for profit organization dedicated to empowering young women to achieve their personal, professional and educational goals and is the world’s largest provider of scholarship assistance for young women.
By participating in the Miss America system, young women receive scholarship to help pay for higher education. They also receive opportunities to gain additional life experience, while working on important issues within their community, developing interpersonal communication skills and expressing themselves artistically through the talent phase of competition.
The road leading to the Miss America competition begins at the local level, in a community just like ours, with young women such as you. The organization stands for empowering young women across the country to be the best they can be through leadership, talent, communication skills and smarts.
The 2020 show will air on NBC on Thursday, December 19th at 8PM EST.
The Teen Program
The Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization is focused on helping our nation’s youth build character and gain the skills necessary for success in the real world. The Organization continues to implement programs aimed at helping young people develop strong values, leadership skills, social conscience, self-worth and conviction about their own potential.
The Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization awards scholarships to individuals on the basis of academic merit and civic and social achievement.
Each year, thousands of young women participate at the local, state and national levels, culminating in the selection of 51 Miss and Teen national finalists who compete for the titles of Miss America and Miss America’s Outstanding Teen. One of them could be you!
The Miss America Organization is based on the Four Points of the Miss America Crown:
- Earn scholarship funds for college and graduate school, regardless of winning a title
- Build your resume to earn more scholarship money through other avenues
Miss West Sound was founded in 2010 and has provided over $175K in scholarships to over 125 young women in Kitsap County. The Miss West Sound Scholarship Program has been acknowledged four out of our ten years as the third largest provider of scholarships among Miss Washington’s local programs.
Many of our candidates have gone on to become teachers, business owners, community leaders and world changers.
- Develop a sense of responsibility for helping others
- Receive recognition for your efforts in bettering yourself and your community
Each year, our partipipants give over 200 hours of volunteering at fundraisers, community festivals and other events.
- Find new interests and discover new opportunities
- Foster a positive, self-motivated mindset to achieve your goals
- Gain valuable experience and develop life skills (e.g. interview skills, public speaking, interpersonal communication, social interaction, etc.)
- Make lifelong friendships and relationships
- Learn to set goals, follow them through and exceed your expectations