Miss West Sound’s Outstanding Teen Representatives
2013 – Emily Houston
- Miss West Sound’s Outstanding Teen 2013
- Miss Northwest’s Outstanding Teen 2014 & 2015
- Winner of the People’s Choice Award all three years at Miss Washington’s OT
- Miss Chinook 2019
Hometown: Port Orchard
Platform: Relay for Life
Emily graduated from South Kitsap High School in 2016 and currently lives in Bremerton with her rescue dog, Flynn.
Emily has earned over $5000 through her participation in MAO.
2014 – Kelsey Kim
- Miss West Sound’s Outstanding Teen 2014
Platform: Fostering Forever Homes – Benefiting Foster Kids
Kelsey is a 2015 high school and Olympic College Running Start graduate. She graduated from the University of Tampa in 2019 with a BS in Forensic Chemistry and dual minors in Biology and Criminal Investigations. Kelsey just began employment as a Fuel Analyst with the United States Air Force in Tullahoma, Tennessee.
Kelsey earned $2,000 through her participation in MAO.
2015 – Mataya Giffey
- Miss West Sound’s Outstanding Teen 2015
- Awarded full-ride scholarship to Washington’s Business Week
Talent: Color Guard
Platform: Stand for the Silent – Bullying Awareness
Mataya graduated from North Kitsap High School in 2016.
Mataya earned $4050 during her participation in MAO.
2016 – Maddie Farrell
- Miss West Sound’s Outstanding Teen 2016
- Top 10 at Miss Washington’s Outstanding Teen
- Business Week Scholarship
- Miss West Sound 2019
- Miss America Community Service Award
- Miss Washington’s Miss Congeniality
Talent: Comedic Monologue
Platform as MWSOT 2016: Building Girls’ Confidence Through Teen Mentoring
Platform as MWS 2019: Building Youth Confidence Through Mentoring
Maddie graduated from Klahowya Secondary School in 2017 and is attending Central Washington University, majoring in Special Education. She intends to obtain a Master of Education to become a Secondary School Theater and English teacher, in addition to Special Education. During her year as Miss West Sound, she founded the Bremerton Teen Mentoring Program, where high school students have the opportunity to engage in one-on-one mentoring with elementary and middle school students. She is employed as a bridal consultant at our long-time program sponsor, American Rose Bridal.
Maddie has earned $7,000 during her participation in the MAO.
2017 – Allie Newhouse
- Miss West Sound’s Outstanding Teen 2017
- Miss Port Orchard’s Outstanding Teen 2018
- Top 10 at Miss Washington’s Outstanding Teen 2018
Allie is attending the University of Idaho and is a part of the Vandal’s Dance Team. She is majoring in Athletic Medicine with a Minor in Anatomy and Physiology.
Allie has earned over $1,100 through her participation in MAO.
2018 – Emalee Nazarino
- Miss West Sound’s Outstanding Teen 2018
- 4th Runner-Up at Miss Washington’s Outstanding Teen 2018
- Miss Seattle’s Outstanding Teen 2019
- Four Points of the Crown Award at Miss Washington’s Outstanding Teen 2019
Platform: You Define Your Disability, Your Disability Does Not Define You
Emalee is a Senior at North Kitsap High School, where she is a cheerleader, and a Running Start student at Olympic College. She has plans to attend a university and major in business with a minor in ministry. Her career ambition is to manage a Global Non-Profit.
Emalee has earned $3000 during her participation in the MAO.
2019 – Emilie Scott
- Miss West Sound’s Outstanding Teen 2019
- Miss Washington’s Outstanding Teen 2019
- Assumed the title after Payton May won Miss America’s Outstanding Teen 2019
- 2nd Runner-Up at Miss Washington’s Outstanding Teen 2019
- Dolores Cullen Helping Hands Award
Talent: Ballet en Pointe
Platform: Global Poverty Awareness
Emilie is a Senior at Klahowya Secondary School where she is ASB President, President of the LEO Club, Vice President of Honor Society and a cheerleader. Emilie’s goal is to become a Pediatric Surgeon.
Emilie has earned almost $2,500 through her participation in the MAO.
2019 – Cheyenne Amar
- Miss West Sound’s Outstanding Teen 2019
- Assumed the title after Emilie Scott took over the title of Miss Washington’s Outstanding Teen
Talent: Jazz Dance
Platform: Be True, Do You – Building Girls’ Self-Esteem
Cheyenne is a Junior at Klahowya Secondary School. She is a Klahowya cheerleader, an Academy Tutor, a member of the lunch league, Leo club, and National Honors Society. Her career goal is to attend medical school and become either an Orthopedic Surgeon, General Surgeon, or specialize in Sports Medicine.
Cheyenne has earned almost $3,000 through her participation in the MAO.